[mvapich-discuss] New vapi-multirail user experiences

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at ieee.org
Tue Aug 22 10:55:45 EDT 2006

Morning all,

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this, but I wanted to pass
along some problems I ran into while installing mvapich 0.9.8 vapi
multirail.

I'm installing on ROCKS 4.1, EM64T dual 3.4 GHz machines, and I'm using icc
instead of gcc, so there are a few extra libs to include for the Fortran
linker, -O3 -xP optimizations, but on other major changes to the install
script.

I did not run into any of these problems when installing the non-multirail
varsion, BTW. I started with a fresh copy of the source for the multirail
build.

   1. tarch had disappeared by the time the install script ran.
   Re-extraction of the original archive over the build directory with -k (no
   replacements) fixed this.
   2. mprun.vapi_multirail and mpirun.vapi_multirail.args were not
   installed. Copying the .args and mprun.vapi_multirail.in files from
   mpid/vapiu_multirail seemed to fix this.

Any suggestions on if what I've done is appropriate / if I caused any of
these problems? The multirail system seems to be up and running correctly
now (my BW's are way up!)

Thanks,
 Eric Borisch
 Mayo Clinic