[mvapich-discuss] OpenFabrics

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Aug 4 17:56:53 EDT 2006

Di Domenico, Michael wrote:

>Looks like xhpl won't run either.  Looking at the switch it sends about
>40 packets and hangs.  No errors on the switch, but this comes out in
>dmesg on the host.

Hmm. Could you try re-compiling MVAPICH as per follows:

$ export ARCH=_EM64T_
$ ... edit make.mvapich.gen2 and put -DDISABLE_RMB in CFLAGS ...
$ ./make.mvapich.gen2

Could you let us know if that helps? I don't have a IA64 machine around
here. Would it be possible to get access to yours? Also, does the
MVAPICH version which comes along with OFED work on your machines?

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs