[mvapich-discuss] Proprieatary transport layer for MVAPICH2...

Choudhury, Durga Durga.Choudhury at drs-ss.com
Fri Aug 4 11:59:27 EDT 2006

Hi All

We have been using MVAPICH on our in-house designed embedded
multicomputer for last several months with satisfactory results. Our
network technology is also custom built and is *not* infiniband (or any
published standards, such as Myrinet) based. This is due to the nature
of our application. We are currently running TCP/IP over out backplane
network and using the TCP/IP transport layer of MVAPICH2.

For the next generation of our software release, we are planning to
write a low level transport layer for MVAPICH2 to leverage our switch
architecture (similar to VAPI for infiniband). I'd like to get some
guidance as to how to do this. Is there a document about this? Has
anybody in this list done something similar before and if so, what was
the difficulty level involved?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Durga