<!-- BaNnErBlUrFlE-BoDy-start -->
<!-- Preheader Text : BEGIN -->
<div style="display:none !important;display:none;visibility:hidden;mso-hide:all;font-size:1px;color:#ffffff;line-height:1px;max-height:0px;opacity:0;overflow:hidden;">
The downside I see with basing the phantom scans on the “average” patient drawn from the institutions patient population is that if the average for the local population does not align with whatever the ACR considers average, then pass / fail</div>
<!-- Preheader Text : END -->
<!-- Email Banner : BEGIN -->
<div style="display:none !important;display:none;visibility:hidden;mso-hide:all;font-size:1px;color:#ffffff;line-height:1px;max-height:0px;opacity:0;overflow:hidden;">ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart</div>
<!--[if ((ie)|(mso))]>
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" style="padding: 0px 0px 10px 0px; direction: ltr" lang="en"><tr><td>
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="padding: 0px 8px 6px 8px; width: 100%; border-radius:4px; border-top:4px solid #8c8e91;background-color:#cfd3d7;"><tr><td valign="top">
<table align="left" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="padding: 0px 8px 4px 8px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px">
<tr><td style="color:#000000; font-family: 'Arial', sans-serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:14px; line-height: 20px; direction: ltr">
This Message Is From an External Sender
</td></tr>
<tr><td style="color:#000000; font-weight:normal; font-family: 'Arial', sans-serif; font-size:12px; direction: ltr">
This message came from outside your organization.
</td></tr>
</table>
<![if ie]><br clear="all"><![endif]>
<table align="right" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="padding: 0px 0px 4px 0px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 36px"><tr>
<td style="direction: ltr"> <a target="_blank" href="https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/KGKeukY!v4QfsobtD6Yg5RdwPy-Edmf2bg_wboXarTBeQRk2W_B4ju3EmpmZ0Yud0sy78BWCVlpMV8LjMtN4yBUgCoWqR_APdb37cGVBenZHKQoQjfSxEa0pXWXkh6XoFsKoqV21QMsD21ONsSM7twPs8NnmY3WneM4SwOGeKtYerH4$" style="mso-padding-alt: 7px; padding: 7px; border-radius: 2px; border: 1px solid #666666; "><strong style="font-weight: normal; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-family: 'Arial', sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> Report Suspicious </strong></a> </td>
</tr></table>
</td></tr></table>
</td></tr></table>
<![endif]-->
<![if !((ie)|(mso))]>
<div dir="ltr" lang="en" id="pfptBanneri84jmxa" style="all: revert !important; display:block !important; text-align: left !important; margin: 0 0 10px 0 !important; padding:7px 16px 8px 16px !important; border-radius: 4px !important; min-width: 200px !important; background-color: #cfd3d7 !important; background-color: #cfd3d7; border-top: 4px solid #8c8e91 !important; border-top: 4px solid #8c8e91;">
<div id="pfptBanneri84jmxa" style="all: unset !important; float:left !important; display:block !important; margin: 1px 0 1px 0 !important; max-width: 600px !important;">
<div id="pfptBanneri84jmxa" style="all: unset !important; display:block !important; visibility: visible !important; background-color: #cfd3d7 !important; color:#000000 !important; color:#000000; font-family: 'Arial', sans-serif !important; font-family: 'Arial', sans-serif; font-weight:bold !important; font-weight:bold; font-size:14px !important; line-height:1.29 !important; line-height:1.29">
This Message Is From an External Sender
</div>
<div id="pfptBanneri84jmxa" style="all: unset !important; display:block !important; visibility: visible !important; background-color: #cfd3d7 !important; color:#000000 !important; color:#000000; font-weight:normal; font-family: 'Arial', sans-serif !important; font-family: 'Arial', sans-serif; font-size:12px !important; line-height:1.5 !important; line-height:1.5; margin-top:2px !important;">
This message came from outside your organization.
</div>
</div>
<div id="pfptBanneri84jmxa" style="all: unset !important; float: right !important; display: block !important; display: block; margin-left: 16px !important; margin-top: 1px !important; text-align: right !important; width: fit-content !important; font-size: 12px !important">
<a id="pfptBanneri84jmxa" href="https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/KGKeukY!v4QfsobtD6Yg5RdwPy-Edmf2bg_wboXarTBeQRk2W_B4ju3EmpmZ0Yud0sy78BWCVlpMV8LjMtN4yBUgCoWqR_APdb37cGVBenZHKQoQjfSxEa0pXWXkh6XoFsKoqV21QMsD21ONsSM7twPs8NnmY3WneM4SwOGeKtYerH4$"
style="all: unset !important; display: inline-block !important; text-decoration: none">
<div class="pfptPrimaryButtoni84jmxa" style="display: inline-block !important; display: inline-block; visibility: visible !important; opacity: 1 !important; color: #000000 !important; color: #000000; font-family: 'Arial', sans-serif !important; font-family: 'Arial', sans-serif; font-size: 14px !important; font-weight: normal !important; text-decoration: none !important; border-radius: 2px !important; margin-top: 3px !important; margin-bottom: 3px !important; margin-left: 16px !important; padding: 7.5px 16px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; width: fit-content !important;
border: 1px solid #666666">
Report Suspicious
</div>
</a>
</div>
<div style="clear: both !important; display: block !important; visibility: hidden !important; line-height: 0 !important; font-size: 0.01px !important; height: 0px"> </div>
</div>
<![endif]>
<div style="display:none !important;display:none;visibility:hidden;mso-hide:all;font-size:1px;color:#ffffff;line-height:1px;max-height:0px;opacity:0;overflow:hidden;">ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd</div>
<!-- Email Banner : END -->
<!-- BaNnErBlUrFlE-BoDy-end -->
<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head><!-- BaNnErBlUrFlE-HeAdEr-start -->
<style>
#pfptBanneri84jmxa { all: revert !important; display: block !important;
visibility: visible !important; opacity: 1 !important;
background-color: #cfd3d7 !important;
max-width: none !important; max-height: none !important }
.pfptPrimaryButtoni84jmxa:hover, .pfptPrimaryButtoni84jmxa:focus {
background-color: #adb0b4 !important; }
.pfptPrimaryButtoni84jmxa:active {
background-color: #8c8e91 !important; }
html:root, html:root>body { all: revert !important; display: block !important;
visibility: visible !important; opacity: 1 !important; }
</style>
<!-- BaNnErBlUrFlE-HeAdEr-end -->
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:DontUseAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
<w:DontUseJustificationAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
<w:DontUseHyphenationAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Helvetica;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:"Cambria Math";
panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Aptos;}
@font-face
{font-family:Castellar;
panose-1:2 10 4 2 6 4 6 1 3 1;}
@font-face
{font-family:"Colonna MT";
panose-1:4 2 8 5 6 2 2 3 2 3;}
@font-face
{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:remialcxesans;
panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
{font-family:template-uu9r60lZEeyYIAANOhMDEQ;
panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
{font-family:zone-1;
panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
{font-family:zones-AQ;
panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
{font-family:sigsh-01G5ugib46REqYlfHcvB9d8Q;
panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{margin:0in;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle20
{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang="EN-US" link="blue" vlink="purple" style="word-wrap:break-word">
<div class="WordSection1">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt">The downside I see with basing the phantom scans on the “average” patient drawn from the institutions patient population is that if the average for the local population does not align with whatever the ACR
considers average, then pass / fail criteria would not be appropriate for that institution. I used to consult in rural West Virginia where the average patient would be heavy when compared to most other definitions of average. So if a higher CTDIvol is needed
to produce acceptable image quality in this high-BMI population, the facility may fail if the CTDIvol is above the failure limit. The flip side to that is that the standard ACR image quality phantom was designed with a specific body model in mind. A high BMI
population would lead to the use of increased mAs or mAs and kV combination when scanning the phantom, which would result in image quality scores that do not represent the image quality of the clinical scans.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#A50021">Robert J. Kobistek, MS, FACR, DABR, MRSE(MRSC™)<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#A50021">Medical Physicist</span><span style="font-size:11.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:22.0pt;font-family:"Castellar",serif;color:#A50021">RJK</span><span style="font-size:22.0pt;font-family:"Colonna MT";color:#A50021">
</span><span style="font-size:14.0pt;color:#A50021">Medical Physics, Inc.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:14.0pt;color:#A50021">440-463-7879<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif">From:</span></b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif"> Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list <intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list-bounces+bob=rjkmedphys.com@lists.osu.edu>
<b>On Behalf Of </b>Tyler Fisher via Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, September 15, 2026 1:36 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Matt Wait <Matt.Wait@kp.org><br>
<b>Cc:</b> DxMedPhys List <intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu><br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Intl_DxMedPhys] ACR CT test question<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="mso-line-height-alt:.75pt"><span style="font-size:1.0pt;color:white">Hi Everyone, This has been a very good discussion. I'll add my two cents but also state up-front that I am the current chair of the ACR CT Physics Accreditation
Sub-Committee, so there may be a pro-ACR bias coming through. In general, the<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<p class="MsoNormal">Hi Everyone,<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">This has been a very good discussion. I'll add my two cents but also state up-front that I am the current chair of the ACR CT Physics Accreditation Sub-Committee, so there may be a pro-ACR bias coming through. <o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">In general, the ACR technical standards, QC Manuals, and Accreditation program requirements are overlapping but independent. The QC manuals are assembled and maintained by ACR staff and committees of volunteer members who represent the
accreditation programs and other stakeholders. Slight variations in language or specifics like this are to be expected.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">The intent of the "average-sized" language in the accreditation program, as I interpret it, is site and scanner specific. When I test a CT system, I will look through the patients scanned recently for what I think is their standard adult
abdomen protocol. I check the scout first to make sure they're not tiny or bariatric, then I'll scroll through the primary axial images until I get to mid-liver and record the mA. I'll take an average of 6 or 8 patients. I don't look at patient sex or age.
If a site has additional data (ACR DIR or dose-tracking software) that will give me techniques for an average-sized patient, I'll use that, but more often than not, the sites that I visit do not. This method would be more accurate than my average of 6 or
8 scans, but I think we have to remember that the majority of scanners in the country aren't being monitored like this. The ACR would love for everyone to participate in the ACR DIR, but this is not a requirement for accreditation. Also, we're measuring
and reporting a single CTDI value for a protocol whose standard deviation of CTDI values is huge. <o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">For new scanners, Scott's suggested methods all seem reasonable. I tend to take my knowledge of similar (or exactly the same make/model) scanners, the site's standard protocols for other scanners if available, default protocols, and my
own personal expertise to come up with an average technique. I will note in my report that the protocols tested may not match the clinical protocols established during applications training and the next time I lay hands on that scanner, I'm going to closely
review what they're actually doing. Also, I'll make sure at acceptance testing that the reported CTDI values match what I measure, so that if the protocols are different than what I tested, at least they'll know that the doses are accurate. <o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">The discussion about finding a "21 or 23 cm effective diameter patient" to set as the "average-patient" is wrong. The "DFOV close to 21 cm" is strictly based on the size of the image quality phantom - it has nothing to do with an average
patient. If the image quality phantom was 30 cm diameter, we'd tell you to scan with a DFOV close to 31 cm.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Last thing I'll say is this: The ACR believes that qualified diagnostic medical physicists have the expertise and integrity to perform quality medical physics testing on scanners. Can someone iteratively increase dose to get CNR to pass?
Of course. Can we cheat the average technique down to make sure that we're within the dose thresholds? Sure. The accreditation programs work on the assumption that we're all doing our best. The programs try to balance being overly prescriptive on how to
do every single test vs. allowing physicists free-reign to do whatever we want. Over 25 years of the CT accreditation program, I think we've gotten pretty close to the right balance, but as the chair, I'm open to suggestions of how we can improve.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Thanks.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Tyler Fisher<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Therapy Physics, Inc.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 1:53<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"> </span>PM Matt Wait via Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list <<a href="mailto:intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu" target="_blank">intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu</a>>
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
<blockquote style="border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in">
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="mso-line-height-alt:.75pt"><span style="font-size:1.0pt;color:white">To clarify: I had been going on the assumption that 70 kg correlated with a patient with an abdomen of about 21 cm in diameter. Maybe I had gotten it mixed up with
the phantom diameter somewhere down the line. The point is, I don't really have<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">To clarify: I had been going on the assumption that 70 kg correlated with a patient with an abdomen of about 21 cm in diameter. Maybe I had gotten it mixed up with the phantom diameter
somewhere down the line.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">The point is, I don't really have any idea what the abdomen of a 70 kg patient "looks like". It would be much easier to have a rough estimate of an abdomen diameter range to use.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<div id="m_-5737958591266385675m_2428996515185521996Signature">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p style="margin:0in;background:white"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#0078B3">Matt Wait, MS, DABR, DABSNM, MRSE</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><br>
Senior Diagnostic Physicist</span><o:p></o:p></p>
<p style="margin:0in;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">Associate Radiation Safety Officer</span><o:p></o:p></p>
<p style="margin:0in;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">Assistant Residency Director</span><o:p></o:p></p>
<p style="margin:0in;line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#0084B9">Kaiser Permanente</span></b><o:p></o:p></p>
<p style="margin:0in;line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#0084B9">Southern Permanente Medical Group</span></b><o:p></o:p></p>
<p style="margin:0in;line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">Medical Imaging Technology and Informatics<br>
<a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4867*Sunset*Blvd**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Los*Angeles,*CA*90027**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*x5347*(office?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrKysrKyUlKyUlKys!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNp2uhMtA$" target="_blank">4867
Sunset Blvd</a></span><o:p></o:p></p>
<p style="margin:0in;line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4867*Sunset*Blvd**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Los*Angeles,*CA*90027**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*x5347*(office?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrKysrKyUlKyUlKys!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNp2uhMtA$" target="_blank">Los
Angeles, CA 90027</a></span><o:p></o:p></p>
<p style="margin:0in;line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4867*Sunset*Blvd**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Los*Angeles,*CA*90027**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*x5347*(office?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrKysrKyUlKyUlKys!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNp2uhMtA$" target="_blank">x5347
(office</a>)</span><o:p></o:p></p>
<p style="margin:0in;line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><a href="tel:(818)%20232-2427" target="_blank">(818) 232-2427</a> (mobile phone)</span><o:p></o:p></p>
<p style="margin:0in"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"> </span><o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center">
<hr size="2" width="98%" align="center">
</div>
<div id="m_-5737958591266385675m_2428996515185521996divRplyFwdMsg">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black">From:</span></b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black"> Douglas Pfeiffer <<a href="mailto:xraydoug@me.com" target="_blank">xraydoug@me.com</a>><br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, September 14, 2026 1:47 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Matt Wait <<a href="mailto:Matt.Wait@kp.org" target="_blank">Matt.Wait@kp.org</a>><br>
<b>Cc:</b> DxMedPhys List <<a href="mailto:intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu" target="_blank">intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu</a>>; Bob Kobistek <<a href="mailto:bob@rjkmedphys.com" target="_blank">bob@rjkmedphys.com</a>><br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Intl_DxMedPhys] ACR CT test question</span> <o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<p class="MsoNormal">The 21 cm DFOV is to make it easier to analyze - nothing to do with patient size. It doesn’t impact dose in any way. Using a small Scan FOV is to reduce non-uniformities due to the bowtie not being matched to the object size on some scanners.
<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<div>
<div id="m_-5737958591266385675m_2428996515185521996x_signature">
<div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black">Best regards,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black">Doug<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black">Douglas Pfeiffer, MS, DABR FACR, FAAPM (he/him)<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black">Medical Physicist, Radiation Safety Officer<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black">Boulder Community Health<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black"><a href="mailto:xraydoug@me.com" target="_blank">xraydoug@me.com</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black"><a href="tel:(303)%20415-7515" target="_blank">303.415.7515</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black">+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black">The opinions expressed in this message are the product of the gray and white matter loitering in my cranium. I speak for myself and no one else, unless I say otherwise.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><br>
<br>
<o:p></o:p></p>
<blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
<p class="MsoNormal">On Sep 14, 2026, at 2:42<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"> </span>PM, Matt Wait <<a href="mailto:Matt.Wait@kp.org" target="_blank">Matt.Wait@kp.org</a>> wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">That's good to hear, that's the practice I've been using. But I have never found a good reference for correlating the abdomen diameter (21 cm?) with 70 kg.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div id="m_-5737958591266385675m_2428996515185521996x_Signature">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#0078B3">Matt Wait, MS, DABR, DABSNM, MRSE</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><br>
Senior Diagnostic Physicist</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">Associate Radiation Safety Officer</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">Assistant Residency Director</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#0084B9">Kaiser Permanente</span></b><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#0084B9">Southern Permanente Medical Group</span></b><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">Medical Imaging Technology and Informatics<br>
<a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4867*Sunset*Blvd**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Los*Angeles,*CA*90027**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*x5347*(office?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrKysrKyUlKyUlKys!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNp2uhMtA$" target="_blank">4867
Sunset Blvd</a></span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4867*Sunset*Blvd**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Los*Angeles,*CA*90027**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*x5347*(office?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrKysrKyUlKyUlKys!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNp2uhMtA$" target="_blank">Los
Angeles, CA 90027</a></span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4867*Sunset*Blvd**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Los*Angeles,*CA*90027**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*x5347*(office?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrKysrKyUlKyUlKys!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNp2uhMtA$" target="_blank">x5347
(office</a>)</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><a href="tel:(818)%20232-2427" target="_blank">(818) 232-2427</a> (mobile phone)</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p style="margin:0in"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"> </span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center">
<hr size="2" width="749" style="width:561.55pt" align="center">
</div>
<div id="m_-5737958591266385675m_2428996515185521996x_divRplyFwdMsg">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif">From:</span></b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif"> Douglas Pfeiffer <<a href="mailto:xraydoug@me.com" target="_blank">xraydoug@me.com</a>><br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, September 14, 2026 1:35 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Matt Wait <<a href="mailto:Matt.Wait@kp.org" target="_blank">Matt.Wait@kp.org</a>><br>
<b>Cc:</b> DxMedPhys List <<a href="mailto:intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu" target="_blank">intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu</a>>; Bob Kobistek <<a href="mailto:bob@rjkmedphys.com" target="_blank">bob@rjkmedphys.com</a>><br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Intl_DxMedPhys] ACR CT test question</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">
<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"> <o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Going through the list of scanned patients on the scanner and looking for abdomens that look about the right size, and looking at the mA at mid-liver (belly button-ish).
<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<div>
<div id="m_-5737958591266385675m_2428996515185521996x_x_signature">
<div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Best regards,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Doug<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Douglas Pfeiffer, MS, DABR FACR, FAAPM (he/him)<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Medical Physicist, Radiation Safety Officer<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Boulder Community Health<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><a href="mailto:xraydoug@me.com" target="_blank">xraydoug@me.com</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><a href="tel:(303)%20415-7515" target="_blank">303.415.7515</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">The opinions expressed in this message are the product of the gray and white matter loitering in my cranium. I speak for myself and no one else, unless I say otherwise.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><br>
<br>
<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">On Sep 14, 2026, at 2:16 PM, Matt Wait <<a href="mailto:Matt.Wait@kp.org" target="_blank">Matt.Wait@kp.org</a>> wrote:<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Doug, how did you envision determining the automatic tube current selection for Standard Man?<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div id="m_-5737958591266385675m_2428996515185521996x_x_Signature">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#0078B3">Matt Wait, MS, DABR, DABSNM, MRSE</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><br>
Senior Diagnostic Physicist</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">Associate Radiation Safety Officer</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">Assistant Residency Director</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#0084B9">Kaiser Permanente</span></b><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#0084B9">Southern Permanente Medical Group</span></b><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black">Medical Imaging Technology and Informatics<br>
<a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4867*Sunset*Blvd**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Los*Angeles,*CA*90027**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*x5347*(office?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrKysrKyUlKyUlKys!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNp2uhMtA$" target="_blank">4867
Sunset Blvd</a></span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4867*Sunset*Blvd**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Los*Angeles,*CA*90027**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*x5347*(office?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrKysrKyUlKyUlKys!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNp2uhMtA$" target="_blank">Los
Angeles, CA 90027</a></span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4867*Sunset*Blvd**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Los*Angeles,*CA*90027**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*x5347*(office?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrKysrKyUlKyUlKys!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNp2uhMtA$" target="_blank">x5347
(office</a>)</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height:12.0pt;background:white"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black"><a href="tel:(818)%20232-2427" target="_blank">(818) 232-2427</a> (mobile phone)</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p style="margin:0in"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"> </span><span style="font-size:9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">
<hr size="2" width="749" style="width:561.55pt" align="center">
</span></div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">
<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<div id="m_-5737958591266385675m_2428996515185521996x_x_divRplyFwdMsg">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif">From:</span></b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif"> Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list <<a href="mailto:intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list-bounces+matt.wait=kp.org@lists.osu.edu" target="_blank">intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list-bounces+matt.wait=kp.org@lists.osu.edu</a>>
on behalf of Douglas Pfeiffer via Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list <<a href="mailto:intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu" target="_blank">intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu</a>><br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, September 14, 2026 1:12 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Bob Kobistek <<a href="mailto:bob@rjkmedphys.com" target="_blank">bob@rjkmedphys.com</a>><br>
<b>Cc:</b> DxMedPhys List <<a href="mailto:intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu" target="_blank">intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu</a>><br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Intl_DxMedPhys] ACR CT test question</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">
<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"> <o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><strong><span style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:red">Caution: </span></strong><span style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:red">This email came from outside Kaiser Permanente. Do
not open attachments or click on links if you do not recognize the sender.</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<div class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">
<hr size="2" width="100%" align="center">
</span></div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">For what it’s worth now, the intent when I was working on the manual was Standard Man (i.e., 70 kg). It was an unfortunate oversight on my part that I did not catch that and
state it explicitly way back when. I’m not sure what is assumed now by the ACR, but that was the original thinking.
<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<div>
<div id="m_-5737958591266385675m_2428996515185521996x_x_x_signature">
<div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Best regards,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Doug<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Douglas Pfeiffer, MS, DABR FACR, FAAPM (he/him)<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Medical Physicist, Radiation Safety Officer<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Boulder Community Health<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><a href="mailto:xraydoug@me.com" target="_blank">xraydoug@me.com</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><a href="tel:(303)%20415-7515" target="_blank">303.415.7515</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">The opinions expressed in this message are the product of the gray and white matter loitering in my cranium. I speak for myself and no one else, unless I say otherwise.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><br>
<br>
<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">On Sep 9, 2026, at 1:45 PM, Bob Kobistek via Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list <<a href="mailto:intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu" target="_blank">intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu</a>>
wrote:<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt">Hi.</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt">I also beat my head against a wall searching for answers to these questions when the ACR CT accreditation program was started. I stopped overthinking it, and now I pretty much wing it.</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt">For average size patient, I look through patient scans to find one with an A-P dimension through the abdomen of around 23 cm. If I can find more than one (hard to find nowadays), I’ll toss out the outliers
and take an average of the mAs values.</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt">For new scanners I use nearly all the options you presented. If it’s a scanner with a similar model in use at the facility, I refer to patients scanned on the existing scanners. If it’s a scanner that I see
at other facilities, I’ll make adjustments for differences in protocols and use that. If it’s a scanner I’ve never seen before, I’ll pull up the manufacturer’s suggested protocols and take a guess at the mAs when TCM is used. If I use the second or third option,
I’ll take a look at patient scans once the scanner has been operating for a few weeks. If I can make adjustments to my measurements based on the clinical data, I will. If I have to, I’ll repeat the measurements using the clinical protocols. If the site is
going to be ACR accredited I will always make a second trip so I can use the actual protocols and clinical mAs values for accreditation, not matter which of the three options above that I use.</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt">There is very little guidance on how to chose mAs (and kVp when applicable) for automated technique selection. So we use out best judgment.</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#A50021">Robert J. Kobistek, MS, FACR, DABR, MRSE(MRSC™)</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#A50021">Medical Physicist</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:22.0pt;font-family:"Castellar",serif;color:#A50021">RJK</span><span style="font-size:22.0pt;font-family:"Colonna MT";color:#A50021"> </span><span style="font-size:14.0pt;color:#A50021">Medical Physics, Inc.</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:14.0pt;color:#A50021"><a href="tel:(440)%20463-7879" target="_blank">440-463-7879</a></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<div style="border:none;border-top:solid windowtext 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in;border-color:currentcolor currentcolor">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif">From:</span></b><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif"> Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list <<a href="mailto:intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list-bounces@lists.osu.edu" target="_blank"><span style="color:#467886">intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list-bounces@lists.osu.edu</span></a>> <b>On
Behalf Of </b>David S. Winter via Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, September 7, 2026 4:02 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> DxMedPhys List <<a href="mailto:intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu" target="_blank"><span style="color:#467886">intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list@lists.osu.edu</span></a>><br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Intl_DxMedPhys] ACR CT test question</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"> <o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:1.0pt;color:white">All, I apologize as this has no doubt been discussed in the past, but I have a two part inquiry related to ACR CT testing. I am happy to clarify directly with the ACR, but I figured I would touch
base with this forum first. (Especially since</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">All,<span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">I apologize as this has no doubt been discussed in the past, but I have a two part inquiry related to ACR CT testing. I am happy to clarify directly with the ACR, but I figured I would touch base with this forum first. (Especially since
only part 1 would be good to ask the ACR directly.)<span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Part 1: The ACR’s scanning instructions webpage and the CT QC manual both give a weight range for the pediatric abdominal exam of 40-50lbs, but only the QC manual has a weight for the adult abdomen (i.e. 70 kg, ~154 lbs). The webpage merely
says “average sized patient”. The exclusion of the 70 kg reference could be an accidental omission, but that requires the same omission to have been repeated in multiple different locations on their webpage. <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">“Average sized” could be interpreted to mean average across the entire US population, the region a CT scanner is in, or the specific patient population a specific CT scanner sees (which could be massively different if the scanner is the
go-to scanner for bariatric patients.) The CDC says the current adult average weights are 199 lbs for men and 171.8 lbs for women. (Both significantly more than 154). In addition, the ACR’s mandatory dose calculation sheet calculates the adult abdomen SSDE
for a 35 cm water equivalent diameter. While you can’t exactly convert abdominal water equivalent diameter to a patient weight, that value would likely correspond to a patient significantly heavier than 154 lbs. <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Has anyone specifically seen anything that dictates which is definitively correct for determining what techniques to set, and by extension, determine whether or not the scanner is really passing the CNR test?<span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Part 2: In practice, I am curious how people are determining the mA that CT scanners are selecting for the “average”, particularly for brand new scanners without much/any historic patient data. I can imagine four different general approaches.
1) Analysis of historical data aggregated by a dose metric monitoring system like Radimetrics. 2) Manually looking for a few historical patients that look to be roughly “average size” and then averaging the mA from a representative slice from a few of those
studies. 3) For new systems, using values from a similar system with similar settings. 4) Conducting scans of a standard (e.g. their CTDI phantom), seeing what the CT scanner picks for mA, and then applying a scaling factor to that mA to adjust for the size
difference. <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Sincerely,<span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Scott<span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" style="width:100.0%;border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:10.0pt 0in 4.5pt 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#00A19C">D. SCOTT WINTER</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:1.0pt;font-family:"remialcxesans",serif;color:white"></span></b><b><span style="font-size:1.0pt;font-family:"template-uu9r60lZEeyYIAANOhMDEQ",serif;color:white"></span></b><b><span style="font-size:1.0pt;font-family:"zone-1",serif;color:white"></span></b><b><span style="font-size:1.0pt;font-family:"zones-AQ",serif;color:white"></span></b><b><span style="font-size:1.0pt;font-family:"sigsh-01G5ugib46REqYlfHcvB9d8Q",serif;color:white"></span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6F767E">CHIEF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL PHYSICIST</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:7.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<div align="center">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 1.5pt 0in 0in">
<div align="center">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#DBA800">O:</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
</td>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<div align="center">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 3.75pt 0in 0in">
<div align="center">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><a href="tel:228-865-3475" target="_blank"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6F767E;text-decoration:none">228-865-3475</span></a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"></td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" style="width:100.0%;border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:1.5pt 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6E757D"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4500*13th*St**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Gulfport**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*MS**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*39501?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSsrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSs!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNUWk_9Hg$" target="_blank">4500</a> <a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4500*13th*St**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Gulfport**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*MS**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*39501?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSsrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSs!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNUWk_9Hg$" target="_blank">13th</a> <a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4500*13th*St**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Gulfport**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*MS**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*39501?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSsrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSs!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNUWk_9Hg$" target="_blank">St</a></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"></td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6E757D">, </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6E757D"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4500*13th*St**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Gulfport**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*MS**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*39501?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSsrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSs!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNUWk_9Hg$" target="_blank">Gulfport</a></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6E757D"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4500*13th*St**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Gulfport**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*MS**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*39501?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSsrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSs!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNUWk_9Hg$" target="_blank">,</a> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6E757D"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4500*13th*St**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Gulfport**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*MS**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*39501?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSsrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSs!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNUWk_9Hg$" target="_blank">MS</a></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6E757D"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4500*13th*St**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Gulfport**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*MS**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*39501?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSsrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSs!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNUWk_9Hg$" target="_blank">,</a> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6E757D"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4500*13th*St**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Gulfport**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*MS**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*39501?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSsrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSs!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNUWk_9Hg$" target="_blank">39501</a></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.wearememorial.com/__;!!KGKeukY!2MSmyveKKzGn4EYDtlECE0uHMzo9qICIABIb_AilEMGb_zQ1uA7SIMU5B_TVMuEa8DaUCdbH70xPaPjVYos6Dt0dayhOFYF5vxZV$" target="_blank"><span style="font-size:1.0pt;text-decoration:none"><image001.gif></span></a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:6.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 2.0pt 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.wearememorial.com/__;!!KGKeukY!2MSmyveKKzGn4EYDtlECE0uHMzo9qICIABIb_AilEMGb_zQ1uA7SIMU5B_TVMuEa8DaUCdbH70xPaPjVYos6Dt0dayhOFYF5vxZV$" target="_blank" title="WeAreMemorial Home Page"><b><span style="font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#007474;text-decoration:none">WeAreMemorial.com</span></b></a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 2.0pt 0in 2.0pt">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#00A19C">|</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 2.0pt 0in 2.0pt">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/MemorialHospitalMS/__;!!KGKeukY!2MSmyveKKzGn4EYDtlECE0uHMzo9qICIABIb_AilEMGb_zQ1uA7SIMU5B_TVMuEa8DaUCdbH70xPaPjVYos6Dt0dayhOFdPd1EsI$" target="_blank" title="WeAreMemorial Facebook Page"><b><span style="font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#007474;text-decoration:none">Facebook</span></b></a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 2.0pt 0in 2.0pt">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#00A19C">|</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 2.0pt 0in 2.0pt">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.youtube.com/user/gulfportmemorial__;!!KGKeukY!2MSmyveKKzGn4EYDtlECE0uHMzo9qICIABIb_AilEMGb_zQ1uA7SIMU5B_TVMuEa8DaUCdbH70xPaPjVYos6Dt0dayhOFUp5zZIl$" target="_blank" title="WeAreMemorial YouTube Channel"><b><span style="font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#007474;text-decoration:none">YouTube</span></b></a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 2.0pt 0in 2.0pt">
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#00A19C">|</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 2.0pt">
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.linkedin.com/company/memorial-hospital-at-gulfport__;!!KGKeukY!2MSmyveKKzGn4EYDtlECE0uHMzo9qICIABIb_AilEMGb_zQ1uA7SIMU5B_TVMuEa8DaUCdbH70xPaPjVYos6Dt0dayhOFbsk9WzQ$" target="_blank" title="WeAreMemorial LinkedIn Page"><b><span style="font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#007474;text-decoration:none">LinkedIn</span></b></a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding:5.0pt 0in 10.0pt 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td width="700" valign="top" style="width:525.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" style="width:100.0%;border-collapse:collapse">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
<p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align:justify"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#6F767E">This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments<a href="https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/maps/search/4500*13th*St**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*Gulfport**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*MS**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*,**A0D*0A**A0D*0A**A0D*0A*39501?entry=gmail&source=g__;KysrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSsrJSUrJSUrJSUrKyUlKyUlKyUlKyslJSslJSslJSs!!KGKeukY!x0papCM_iTVWnSTQkMc_SHwci_FgU-ejRnjPVU_cgUbJqe-P2hx_f5xsdNZb_QTzWtxmZZ6JO-vfe_fkP6jHa56k6UJ_NeNUWk_9Hg$" target="_blank">,</a>
please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:blue">NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:</span></b><span style="font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"> If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited
from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving
them. v.173.295 Thank you.</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
</blockquote>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
</blockquote>
</div>
</body>
</html>