[IMUG-L] III update and Norfolk reminder

Heather G. Fisher hgfisher at SVSU.edu
Tue Feb 11 10:58:24 EST 2020

Good morning, everyone!

It's obviously been a busy winter thus far for III libraries as we adjust to things. For those who haven't heard - III was acquired by Ex Libris in mid-December. The purchase was finalized last month. Here is the press release: https://www.libraryjournal.com/?detailStory=Ex-Libris-Acquires-Innovative-Interfaces

III has said that all in-market products will continue to be developed and supported. However, the next-gen Inspire products are not. The development done on them thus far will be moved to the Summon (ProQuest's discovery layer) product.

III and Ex Libris recently did a webinar on the product future that they see at this time. If you'd like to view it, please let me know and I will send you the URL.

Finally, don't forget that we meet at 6pm (local time) in Salon F on Thursday, February 27. Please bring any comments/questions, etc.

Have a great day!

Heather

--------

Heather Fisher, MM, MLIS

Metadata / Catalog Librarian

Liaison for Children's Literature, Music, and ELP

Zahnow Library, SVSU

<http://ezhanow.svsu.edu>http://ezahnow.svsu.edu/digital/

www.librarysubjectguides.svsu.edu/metadata_catalogunit<https://librarysubjectguides.svsu.edu/metadata_catalogunit>

She/her/hers

"Enthusiasm is contagious - so is the lack of it." -- Denise Brennan-Nelson