[IMUG-L] [EXT] Meeting at MLA 2018 in Portland

Harden, Jean Jean.Harden at unt.edu
Tue Nov 14 10:31:04 EST 2017

Hi, Heather -

My question is the same as it has been for several years (I think): What can III show us of preparations they are making for linked data? Paying III to convert an institution's catalog to linked data isn't what I want to see. I am interested in developments toward an interface for creating (and using on the patron side) data designed from the start as linked data, completely divorced from MARC.

This would include some hobby horses we've been harping on for years, such as treating an authorized access point of name + title + possible additions as a single unit. (The old "if you click on the name in a name/title access point, it is *not* helpful for the result to be a search on the name alone; the patron wants the name plus the title [and any additions]".)

Jean