[IMUG-L] Answers from III on our IMUG questions from MLA

Heather G. Fisher hgfisher at SVSU.edu
Mon Mar 13 15:39:04 EDT 2017

Good afternoon, all -

I hope you're surviving the latest Mother Nature temper tantrum. Our area of Michigan just got power back this weekend from the windstorm almost a week ago!

I have some answers from Marjorie at III with regard to our questions. If she asked for more information for a question you asked, I'll be contacting you off list for specifics.

Please let me know if you didn't get to see the quarterly product update and I will forward information.

As always, if you have any questions or comments, please let me know!

1. Bringing reference databases into Sierra - This is planned for release 3.3 of Sierra which is currently scheduled for the 3rd quarter of this year.

2. Checkin cards and item records disappearing in Sierra 3.0 - This is a known issue and Marjorie is pretty sure it is fixed in 3.1 which is currently in beta testing.

3. Future of the OPAC/WebPac/ClassicCat - The OPAC/WebPac/ClassicCat will continue to be supported in both Millenium and Sierra.

Have a great day!

Heather

--------

Heather Fisher, MM, MLIS

Metadata / Catalog Librarian

Music, Children's Literature, and ELP Liaison Librarian

Zahnow Library

Saginaw Valley State University

989-964-7053