[IMUG-L] Forum really is working now!

Verletta Kern vkern at uw.edu
Tue Mar 18 17:43:40 EDT 2014

Hi IMUG,

If you are interested in sharing screenshots, I've put together a short
(less than 1 minute) screencast of how to do this at
http://screencast.com/t/seJI0EwBhK  Let us know if you have further
questions!

Best,
Verletta Kern
MLA Web Manager

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Paul Cary <PCary at bw.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone - Allow me to make one or two clarifications to Jean's message.
>
> Jean says: "follow the link Groups from the home page (left-hand
> sidebar)". That shows only Groups of which you are a member. So it will
> work AFTER you've joined the group. To see groups of which you are not yet
> a member, go to Our Organization=>Organizational Structure=>System User
> Groups. Once you click through to Innovative, you should see a link near
> the top that says Join Group.
>
> Once you're in the Group forums, New Topic will allow you to start a new
> thread, and Reply or QuickReply should appear when you're reading a
> specific post. If you want to post an image in a Reply, do NOT use
> QuickReply. Use Reply or Reply Using Full Editor. So once you are either
> replying or starting a new topic, you'll see an editor window. In order to
> post images, scroll down past the main editor and look for another pane
> that says Attach Image(s) and/or File(s). That should allow you to drag and
> drop onto it or browse to images on your computer. Images in postings will
> show up as thumbnails and you can click through to see the full size.
>
> I hope that helps and let me know if you have further problems.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Paul Cary
> Administrative Officer, Music Library Association (and Innovative user)
> Baldwin Wallace University
> 275 Eastland Rd.
> Berea, OH 44017
> 440-826-8074
> pcary at bw.edu

Verletta Kern
Music Outreach Services & Instructional Services Librarian
University of Washington Libraries
vkern at uw.edu