[OSU Humanitarian Engineering Center] EWB Needs Breakout Session Presenters for Nov. 2016 Conference at OSU

Greene, Howard L. greene.8 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 12 10:29:09 EDT 2016

The OSU chapter of Engineers Without Borders (EWB) will be hosting the 2016 Great Lakes Regional Conference on November 12th 2016 at the Ohio Union.  This conference will be open to all of OSU as well as the professional and student chapters from the Great Lakes Region for EWB.  We are looking for speakers to lead 1 hour breakout sessions on various topics:

>Solar Energy
>Best Practices for Project Types
>Finding and Deciding on Projects
>Interviewing/Focus Groups for gathering information from community
>Community engagement
>Intercultural communication
>Creating sustainable projects

The breakout sessions do not need to relate to Engineers Without Borders, but anything related to humanitarian engineering, personal experience working in different  countries/communities, design techniques using a specific technology, community engagement technique, etc.

This is a great opportunity to show other chapters from universities in the region the types of humanitarian engineering projects and efforts we have at The Ohio State University. If you are interested in presenting during a breakout session, please contact Nicole DiRando, EWB student chapter Vice President at dirando.1 at osu.edu.