[Folkserv] FW: Translingual Magazine Recruitment

Borland, Katherine borland.19 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 29 14:19:02 EDT 2022

From: Compstall <compstall-bounces at lists.osu.edu> on behalf of Shank, Barry via Compstall <compstall at lists.osu.edu>
Date: Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 12:29 PM
To: compstug at lists.service.ohio-state.edu <compstug at lists.service.ohio-state.edu>, compstall at lists.service.ohio-state.edu <compstall at lists.service.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: [Compstall] FW: Translingual Magazine Recruitment
For any interested international students.

From: Translingual Journal <translingual at osu.edu>
Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 10:50 PM
To: Shank, Barry <shank.46 at osu.edu>
Subject: Translingual Magazine Recruitment

Hello Barry!

My name is Lily Simon, and I am the student editor for OSU’s newest up-and-coming international student journal, Translingual: The Journal of International Voices. Translingual showcases the writing and artwork produced by the international community here at OSU, and we would love to include the voices in your department.

This semester will be our first edition of the journal, and we are currently recruiting submissions. We need your help to ensure that all who are interested have the opportunity to submit their work.

Attached to this email are two flyers that the IELP (Intercultural English Language Programs) has been posting around campus. We are asking that you share these flyers with the international students in your respective departments via newsletter, mass email, and through your instructor's teaching courses.

As far as the type of content we are looking to publish, we want to see short academic work or creative pieces, including visual art; anything that members of our international student body use to express themselves and their experiences prior to coming to Ohio State and during their time here.

Our first edition of the Journal will be published in December, and the deadline for submissions is November 14th. I appreciate your help in this recruitment process. We can’t do this without you.

All the best,

Lily Simon
P.S. I am also attaching the link to our webpage here: https://ielp.ehe.osu.edu/aewp/translingual/<https://ielp.ehe.osu.edu/aewp/translingual/>

The Translingual Team

Submit to Translingual here! <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1MIULbW3yfrvRae__;!!KGKeukY!w4jUI-XXwaBPfqBNvwszEGQmXkpAD7m7QMoRrK5Z_qSRkj0z1J8OP1QyT8AErcTAdgjMr7iFQw6Jr7St7Etqwg2DlQ$>

[cid:de54de4e-b625-44e2-955b-64c48fb7cfcc]

Intercultural English Language Programs (IELP)
Department of Teaching and Learning
College of Education and Human Ecology
356 Arps Hall,1945 N. High St, Columbus, OH 43210

translingual at osu.edu<mailto:translingual at osu.edu>