[ElectronicsClub] Communication Protocols Workshop

Rubin, Connor S. rubin.191 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Oct 1 12:56:50 EDT 2018

[cid:3E8EC9B7-CC47-4C36-9A9F-A7C3A1584597 at lan]

Communication Protocols

[The Ohio State University]

October 1st, 2018

Workshop Details:
Hi everyone!

This week is the first “typical” Electronics Club workshop of the semester—it will be led be EClub officers. We will be covering different communication protocol to use with microcontrollers, such as SPI, I2C, and UART. These are core technologies that are very important to know and use when interfacing with sensors and actuators. We will build on these concepts in a later workshop when building our own Internet of Things devices!

We’ve updated the workshop from last year to use Arduinos rather than MSP430s to avoid issues with Energia.
What to bring:
 - Laptop with Arduino IDE installed
We are still looking for officers, so please feel free to chat with (or email!) current officers about taking on a leadership role!

As usual, there will be FREE PIZZA provided.

Upcoming Events:

PCB Layout Workshop
Time: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Date: Wednesday, 10/3/18
Location: Scott Lab E125

ELECTRONICS CLUB
079 Caldwell Lab | 234 W. 18th Ave | Columbus, Ohio 43210
electronicsclub at osu.edu<mailto:electronicsclub at osu.edu>