[Electronicsclub] Workshop/Event Notice (Sept. 19 and 20)

Hensal, Jeff A. hensal.7 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Sep 15 17:16:18 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I would like to inform you all about three awesome events we have coming up.

TI Innovation Day

Next Monday, Texas Instruments will be in the main lobby of Dreese between 11am-2pm to present some of their cool hardware to students. The Electronics Club will be there to show off some of the projects we have made in the past with TI hardware. It is a great opportunity to mingle with engineers from TI and learn about the facets they are involved in. Bring your resume and come hungry because they will be providing snacks!

What: TI Innovation Day
When: Monday 9/19, 11:00am-2:00pm
Where: Dreese Labs Main Lobby
Bring: Resume!

SDR Workshop with Harris and ACM-W
After Tuesday's career fair, be sure to stop club's Software Defined Radio workshop. First, Harris will give an insight of all the different aspects of engineering their company performs. Then, former president of the club, Eric Bauer, will be leading a workshop where members can configure a software defined radio on their laptops. This allows you to tune into FM radio on your laptop, and also track airplanes around Ohio in real time! Leaders from ACM-W will also be in attendance to help mentor the workshop. There will also be pizza provided to attendees!

What: SDR Workshop
When: Tuesday 9/20, 7:00-9:00pm
Where: Dreese Labs 113
Bring: Laptop (Windows OS preferred) and Resume

Norwich Elementary Outreach Event
In this outreach event, members will work with elementary aged students to tear apart old electronics equipment. Each member will take a group of students and help them to find components like resistors, capacitors, LEDs, etcetera in the old equipment. Groups with the most components of each will win candy prizes! Last year, the kids enjoyed this event so much that the teachers asked us to come back. It will take place from 1:30-3:30pm on September 29th. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d44aea92caaf85-norwich

What: Norwich Outreach Event
When: Thursday 9/29, 1:30-3:30pm
Where: Norwich Elementary School in Hilliard
Bring: Nothing required.

Looking forward to seeing everyone around!

Sincerely,

Jeff Hensal
President · Electronics Club
Undergraduate Research Assistant · CHPPE
Electrical Engineering 2018 · The Ohio State University
http://electronicsosu.com/