[Electronicsclub] End of Semester Address

Hensal, Jeff A. hensal.7 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Dec 5 12:36:27 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their participation in the club this semester. Our members are the driving force of our organization, and we couldn't have had a successful semester without your attendance, volunteering, and initiative. The club officers are planning for more hands-on workshops for next semester, so stay tuned. If you are interested in helping out in planning workshops or potentially leading your own, please contact us at electronicsosu at gmail.com.

Below are details for an interesting competition hosted by Microsoft, called Microsoft Imagine Cup. If you are interested, please contact Michael Johnson at Michael.Johnson at studentpartner.com.

In its 15th year, the Imagine Cup allows students with a great and innovative idea in technology to compete in teams (up to 3 people) for a chance at $100,000 in earnings, two all-expense-paid trips, and startup and technology mentorship! You can find more information at https://www.imaginecup.com/.

Sign up to qualify by December 20, 2016 at 2:59pm EST!
Qualifications:
All technology projects are welcome this year - the competition is no longer bound by categories.
1. Project must leverage Microsoft Azure (Free to all OSU students. Michael can help you get started with using it!)
2. Maximum three (3) members per team
3. You must be 16+ years of age and attending a US school or university
Quick sign up and next steps!
Visit aka.ms/USICwinterqualify17 to register with the following:
1. Team Name and Team Member contact info
2. Brief explanation of your idea in video (2 min) or in writing (250 words or less)

I wish you all the best of luck on finals this year, and hope you have a relaxing, merry holiday break.

Sincerely,

Jeff Hensal
President · Electronics Club
Undergraduate Research Assistant · CHPPE
Electrical Engineering 2018 · The Ohio State University
http://electronicsclub.osu.edu/