[Electronicsclub] Meeting Notice - PCB Workshop (4/13) & Soldering Workshops

Bauer, Eric C. bauer.432 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Apr 11 11:51:50 EDT 2016

Hi All,

PCB Workshop:
In order to fit in all of the meetings that we hoped to do this semester, we are breaking the every-other-week format for this week! Gus Fragasse and Dale Mitchell will be leading a workshop on how to do Printed Circuit Board layout. Have you ever wanted to take a messy breadboard to a professional-looking custom board? Have you wondered how we created the Soldering Workshop PCBs? Definitely come and check out this week's workshop!
What: Printed Circuit Board Workshop
When: Wednesday 4/13 @ 7pm
Where: Scott E0040
Bring: a laptop with Eagle<http://www.cadsoftusa.com/download-eagle/> installed on it
Pizza? Of course!

Soldering Workshops:
In the final weeks of the semester, we are hosting two soldering workshops with IEEE. The cost of the workshop is $15 and covers the cost of materials/instruction. You will get to take home your very own 4-bit counter circuit as well as learn how to solder through-hole components. If you are interested in learning, sign up here<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4cadac28a7ff2-spring>.

New Leadership:
As the end of the semester nears, I will be focusing on graduating. The club's new president, Jeff Hensal, will be stepping in to grab the baton and continue making the Electronics Club even better. Jeff has been a huge help already as the club's E-Council representative, media team member, and Makeathon planner. It has been a pleasure leading the club for the past 2 years and meeting so many awesome folks. Thank you all! Next year's leadership is as follows:
President: Jeff Hensal
Vice President: Martin Troth
Treasurer: Evan Stoddart

Thanks,