[Electronicsclub] Project Meeting Notice (10/7), Soldering Workshops & More

Bauer, Eric C. bauer.432 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Oct 5 01:02:37 EDT 2015

Greetings everyone,

Meeting Notice (10/7):
The Electronics Club will be having a meeting this Wednesday, 10/7, in Scott Lab E0040. This meeting will start at 7pm and last approximately one hour, and pizza will be provided. Some members will be presenting ideas and details for projects that they are working on. These project leaders will be looking for people interested in helping out with these ideas. If you have other great ideas on what to work on, you are welcome to lead a project group too! Project leaders that are of Active Status are eligible to request club resources<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v-i8C8FEDh5FIsMhGn3EnZj3cgzlXXEuvXiLdJKYgr0> for their projects.

Soldering Workshops:
Our first soldering workshop will be held this Friday, 10/9, at 5:30pm in the Open Lab Spaces in Caldwell, CL237 and should last no more than 3 hours. This workshop is also co-hosted by IEEE Undergrad, who are providing excellent mentorship. We will be building a four-bit binary counter PCB, which you will take home. We are limited to 20 participants for each workshop session, so we anticipate holding 4-5 workshops to accommodate everyone, so please RSVP at the link here<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4cadac28a7ff2-fall> to reserve a seat on your preferred date.
You won't need to bring anything other than $15 to cover the cost of materials and training. Whether or not you have any soldering experience at all or just want to get your hands dirty and take home a cool device, be sure to sign up!

2015 Amateur Radio Fox Hunt:
Come join the Amateur Radio Club for the 2015 Radio Fox Hunt on Sunday, October 25th. Radio Fox Hunting is a form of radio transmitter tracking through the use of directional antennas. Hunting will begin at 2:00pm. There is no cost and all are welcome to participate. For more information, check out our website: http://u.osu.edu/w8lt/ To register please visit our website and complete the registration form. If you have any questions, please direct them to Reece Martinez.<mailto:reecemartinez at live.com?subject=Fox%20Hunt%20Question>

Thanks,

Eric Bauer
The Ohio State University - 2016
Electronics Club - President