[Electronicsclub] Meeting Notice -- 3/13/2015

Bauer, Eric C. bauer.432 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Mar 9 15:32:58 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,
This Friday...
There is a meeting this week for Electronics Club on Friday, 3/13, in Caldwell 120. The meeting will begin at 5:30pm as per usual. The meeting will a MAKEathon Info Session & Free Stuff Night. We will be talking more about what is going on with the MAKEathon and what you can expect, technology-wise. If you haven't pre-registered for the MAKEathon and think you might like to go, fill out your information here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bm4TD97Q80kzc86lClqehqXxME8LEgAHnCo9V3rFBIk/viewform>! As for the free stuff, we are trying to clean the Lab of excess parts so we will be giving out the stuff brought to the meeting.
Coming Soon...
After the resounding success that was our recent Thru-Hole Soldering Training Workshop, we have decided to hold another, first-run workshop! In collaboration with our favorite hoarders, we have come up with an ingenious plan: we will hold a DE-Soldering Workshop and Fundraiser. This event will be held the first day of April at 6pm in the Club room (CL078). If you are interested in coming, send us an email at electronicsosu at gmail.com<mailto:electronicsosu at gmail.com> .  This workshop is free of charge but if you would like to support the club, the suggested donation is $5-this helps cover the cost of solder-wick. Bring stuff to de-solder (check local thrift stores), bring irons, bring happy faces, we'll have lots of fun. Food and beverages will not be provided other than bottles of water. You get to keep whatever you can salvage!
Thanks,
Eric Bauer
The Ohio State University - 2016
Electronics Club - President