[Drupal] Hello, new to OSU and Drupal

Jakub Suchy jakub.suchy at acquia.com
Fri Jul 16 08:36:48 EDT 2021

Welcome James!

Disclaimer - I work for Acquia so I can't really do comparisons :)

At Acquia your PHP versions are managed exactly the same as with other
providers. At some point we have new versions available and you can switch
to them in the interface. I believe other providers do the same. At some
point we will remove old versions - and I'll say we are probably more
strict about that than others because our compliance posture requires that.
Many of our customers require strict compliance paperwork (just like OSU)
and keeping old php versions on the platform would make us not compliant.
It does create a bit of rush to ensure you move your PHP versions up but
IMHO that's the nature of the php ecosystem (which I personally dislike)
and is a trade off between convenience and security...

Jakub