[Drupal] Search Index a field collection

Strasbaugh, Chris strasbaugh.2 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 16 15:06:00 EDT 2016

I am relatively new to OSU and Drupal.  The Knowlton School Digital Library<https://ksamedia.osu.edu/> is the Drupal 7 system that I inherited and supposedly the search hasn’t been working properly for over a year.

The problem is you can search for object by title and find it (such as “Paimio Chair, Model No. 41”) but it can’t find it by the artist/architect (“Aalto”).  Turns out that artist/agent is a field collection that is used inside a taxonomy whereas all the other types of searchable fields are straight fields used in the Work content type.

The agent field IS indexed by Search API and is showing as a searchable term inside Views but it will not find anything.  I have even tried using multiple levels of account credentials and it doesn’t work for any of them.  Any thought or ideas?  Research is pointing to field collections being the problem. Thank you in advance.

Chris

—
Chris Strasbaugh
Digital Resource Archivist and Curator