[Drupal] April Drupal Meetup: Media Magnet

Little, Jason little.129 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 30 09:56:34 EDT 2015

For the next Drupal Meetup, we have a special topic so I'm sending out the notice a little early.

Date/Time
Thursday April 9th @ 3pm

Location
175 Mount Hall

Topic

Media Magnet
Corey Hinshaw and/or Mike Butsko will give us a walk through of UCOM's latest project, MediaMagnet.

MediaMagnet is a service for aggregating and coordinating digital content across the university. For those that haven't tried it out yet, it's an amazing, game changing tool. You can pull in feeds from all your channels (site rss, youtube, twitter, facebook, etc). Then you can query items from any channel in the university.

The first 30 minutes will be a tour of the tool and QnA. For the second half, I'm hoping we can have some discussions around ways we can leverage MediaMagnet within Drupal. I'd encourage folks to spend some time thinking about or experimenting with solutions in advance of the meeting (and if you already have something great, bring it along).

More on Media Magnet
https://mediamagnet.osu.edu/
https://mediamagnet.osu.edu/help/

Join the MediaMagnet discussions on slack at:
https://osu.slack.com/messages/mediamagnet/

Ideas
Below are a few MM things we are tossing around with respect to Drupal.

Content tagging
* custom field based integration vs taxonomy style integration
* ways to encourage 100% MM tagging
* whether to tag other content for semantics (pages)

Personnel/Course/Whatever Profiles
* Generalized activity streams
* Showing news stories in which the person/thing is tagged
* generalized fields to pull in referencing items from select channels

Source agnostic panel panes (no more twitter authorizing!)
* for an item
* in a carousel
* as a listing

Feed considerations
* http vs https
* event formats
* guid best practices

How best to merge remote and local content.
How best to handle keyword mapping.

Best,
Jason Little
Engineering