[Drupal] drupal meetup today @ 3pm

Little, Jason little.129 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 7 17:13:54 EST 2015

> Did you get a chance to talk about Ckeditor at the last meeting?

A little. I don't think there was any solution to the class stripping issue. That said there might be two separate problems.

I think fisher was having a problem with the wysiwyg_filter module which, if memory serves, was stripping classes that begin with a hyphen. Apparently, "-1class-name" is invalid but "-class-name" is valid and wysiwyg_filter doesn't handle that correctly. There's an older issue that discusses this a little here and a dated patch.
https://www.drupal.org/node/835202

htmlpurifier and to a lesser extent htmlawed might be legit alternatives to wysiwyg_filter as they do similar things.
https://www.drupal.org/project/htmlpurifier
https://www.drupal.org/project/htmlawed

We used purifier in 6 but adopted wysiwyg_filter as the more standard solution in 7. purifier is a lot more complex.

Ckeditor's ACF filters are a different matter. I think we turn it off as does ODEE based on their UCR code. In our case I think we hit some issues with media. If you wanted to do the same it's under the wysiwyg profile under "cleanup and output". In the same place you can specify what content is allowed.

The ACF announcement (http://ckeditor.com/blog/CKEditor-4.1-RC-Released) says it's not security related so I assume they prevent XSS attacks some other way. That said, there are some usability gains to getting it configured right.

Incidentally, we keep our text formats and wysiwyg profiles here
https://code.osu.edu/openosu/osu_text_format
https://code.osu.edu/openosu/osu_wysiwyg

And ODEE has a lot of good code in their group.
https://code.osu.edu/ocio_odee_web/ocio_wysiwyg

WYSIWYG and text format configurations tend to be tightly coupled to site decisions (like media or linkit) so they may not work well out of context.

Speaking of linkit, it has a security announcement/release for an xss vulnerability today. I know that's a pretty popular one.

Best,
Jason