[Drupal] Drupal Meetup - September

Triest, William E. (Bill) triest.1 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 11 11:19:46 EDT 2014

Is there any way slides or a summary could be provided?

All three talks about very interesting; unfortunately we have two interviews for a student position during this time frame so I’m very doubtful I can attend.

Since I’m posting anyways..
1.   if #1 sounds interesting but you don’t want to or can't support Logstash, ElasticSearch, and Kibana, we could probably figure out a way to modify the solution to use Splunk.  Since I haven’t been to the talk, I can’t make any promises, and Splunk may be an inferior tool for this purpose. If you hear the talk and think its really cool but not realistic given your current constraints, please reach out to CIO-sem-admin at osu.edu (that’s just Mark Runals and I) so we can see if we can help you.
2.  Since people are using alternatives, I’d love to hear more about them especially in the context of campus implementations.  We have a number of success stories and quite a bit of interest in Splunk, but if you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail. I’d love to be better informed so we can advise people about better tools given the task or environmental constraints.

Thanks,
Bill
--
William (Bill) Triest