[Drupal] analytics ppt

Triest, William E. (Bill) triest.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 14 13:59:19 EDT 2014

Sorry I missed the meeting; good stuff in the slides.

Since there are privacy concerns with using Google Analytics, an alternative could be to throw the logs into Splunk.  Web logs do qualify under the security category and are thus free (form the college/department perspective).

While we don’t have the pre-made analytic content, it wouldn’t be hard to build similar things.  Some data points  — like making assumptions about gender -- we probably will never have due to the privacy concerns.

If you want to explore this option but need help, please contact Mark Runals and myself via CIO-sem-admin at osu.edu

If you currently are using Splunk and have web analytics or create web analytics content, please let Mark or I know; Splunk is big enough that we can’t track everything, but its good to know how people are using it so we can help people understand its potential.

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to rain on anyone parade; this is good stuff.  I’m merely trying to 1.  Recognize the value and 2.  List an alternative tool so people know their options and can make informed decisions.

Thanks,
Bill

--
William (Bill) Triest