[Drupal] Apache Solr

Leonard, Patrick G. leonard.56 at osu.edu
Sat Dec 6 11:46:16 EST 2014

Anyone using Apache Solr in conjunction with your websites?  I'm wondering
if there is an installation of Solr already on campus that is open for use
by any OSU web development group.  If not, is there interest in creating
such a service?

We are exploring using Solr with the Drupal sites we are rolling out on
the Pantheon platform.  Pantheon has their Solr server fairly locked-down
and allows customers to use either of two modules (apachesolr_search or
search_api_solr).  There are other modules that allow for the indexing and
searching of files (pdfs, word docs, power points, etc), but the more
flexible modules require configuration changes to the Solr server itself,
which is something Pantheon does not allow.  However, we are free to use
an external Solr server in conjunction with Pantheon.

Thanks,

‹ Pat