[Drupal] Monster Menus

Butsko, Michael butsko.7 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 27 10:09:32 EDT 2013

We did. We have a giant Aegir-based infrastructure, but I'm just pointing out that if you want 100 identical sites with different content namespaced within a single domain, multi-site may not be the right path, even with all the convenience that aegir provides.

One big benefit to having one site is ease of content reuse; if we publish a story on english.osu.edu, and we want the same story on artsandsciences.osu.edu, it simply gets created and copied. If the story gets updated, it's unlikely to get updated in both places. I can imagine a complicated workflow based approach to selectively publishing items from an rss feed from one site to the other, but what about from any given site to any other? If it was one big site, it would simply be a matter of publishing a specific item to different sections, perhaps as easily as adding a tag to it.

--
Michael Butsko
Web Developer