[Drupal] Monster Menus

Little, Jason little.129 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 26 14:44:52 EDT 2013

This isn't the answer you are looking for but...

There are currently 12 sites in the world that reporting using the latest stable 7.x release of monster menus (33 across all versions) and the maintainers of this module are not maintainers for many other things.

As this module appears to do some very advanced and specific things, that is a very scary place to be. You could easily end up maintaining it, forking it, or running into a lot of compatibility issues with other contrib modules which simply never came up in the 33 sites using it.

Have you considered domain access (more like monster menus) or Aegir (multisite)? Both have fairly large install bases, and I believe there are people on campus who are well versed in both solutions.
https://drupal.org/project/domain (I think someone around here is using this)
http://community.aegirproject.org/ (asc, eng, prior?)

Alternatively, you might be able to do a lot with workbench and its access control modules.

Best,

Jason Little
Team Lead
Web Services