[Drupal] Shib Attributes to Drupal Roles

Meghan Frazer frazer.11 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 6 12:50:48 EST 2013

Is anyone using Shibboleth attributes such eduPersonScopedAffiliation or
departmentNumber to assign roles to users as they log in to a Drupal site?

The current impetus for this is that we'd like to restrict a submission
form to just students from Knowlton, but we've wanted to provide some
tiered access for awhile.  We currently just use the authenticated user
role to handle everyone from OSU, logged in via shib

It looks to me like I can add a rule in the Shibboleth authentication
configuration, but my first pass at checking the attribute didn't work (I
tried departmentNumber).

If someone would be willing to chat with me about syntax for this, it might
save me some trial and error and I would really grateful.

Thanks,
Meghan

Meghan Frazer
Digital Resources Curator
*The Ohio State University*
College of Engineering Knowlton School of Architecture
275 W. Woodruff Ave., Columbus, OH 43210
614.975.3242 Mobile / 614.247.6645 Office
frazer.11 at osu.edu