[Drupal] FW: Reminder: "July Meetup - Social Media Solutions" is tomorrow, Wednesday, July 14, 2010 6:00 PM!

Jason Little Jason_Little at engadmin.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jul 13 12:48:20 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I just wanted to pass around a plug for the Columbus drupal meetup tomorrow.  The topic is social networking, like the upcoming websig.  I will most likely be there.

It's a very nice, professional group, with a lot of Drupal expertise.  They meet at the Columbus metropolitan library at 6pm.  There's usually about 20-25 people there.

Best,
Jason Little
College of Engineering

It's official, Facebook is now getting more traffic than Google<http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/5739/What-Gets-More-Traffic-Than-Google-Now-Facebook.aspx>. Understanding how to utilize these powerful Social Media networks could drive more traffic and dollars to your website. In this meeting, we'll show you some of the ways the award-winning Drupal content management system can leverage social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

Paul Fisher - Rooty Hollow<http://rootyhollow.com/>:
We will explore different modules and solutions that allow site visitors to log-in to your Drupal website using well established social media APIs, such as Facebook, MySpace, Gmail/Blogger/Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, AOL, and Wordpress. Providing such a simple option can result in more visitors being converted to registered users, as well as painlessly capturing critical contact information.

Brian Stevenson - yadaDROP<http://yadadrop.com/>:
We will show you how to configure Drupal to allow registered users in a Drupal website to share their Social Networking activity within that community website. We will show you how to extend the user profile page so users can link to import their twitter posts, facebook activity, goodreads books, flickr pictures, YouTube movies, and other activities from over a dozen Social Networks.

Shawn Palmer:
We will be discussing the concept of the different methods "pushing" content to social networking sites. Using APIs, form hijacking and form auto fills. This will be an over view of the concepts. We will also be showing off Drupal modules designed to use "push" concepts in real world applications.

Food:
You bet! Food and drinks will be provided on a first-come, first serve basis. Please arrive promptly at 6pm.

Raffle:
We will be giving away one book from our library (up to $50 value!). Tickets are $1 each.

Parking:
Parking will cost you $1 if you park in the Library Garage. Library accepts credit cards. :-)

Room:
The Auditorium on the first floor. It's the first big room on the right when you enter from the parking garage.

After Meeting Fun:
Since the library kicks us out at 8pm, we'll meet at a local pub afterward to have fun and network.