[Drupal] Drupal Menu Management

Jason Little Jason_Little at engadmin.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 26 16:56:05 EDT 2010

We allow full access to the menu fieldset and to site building > menus.

I don't like this that much.  It would be nice if we could restrict them to primary links... and make it easier to find content not in a menu.  The weight drop down would be infinitely better if it used ajax to poll the menu replacing "weights" with something that showed the parent item's children.

So far we haven't really invested any time into making this better, but it looks like there are a lot of modules out there that address concerns in menu management.

http://drupal.org/project/menu_editor
http://drupalmodules.com/module/menu-weight-assist
http://drupalmodules.com/module/ez-menu
http://drupalmodules.com/module/better-menu

Let us know if you find a particularly good solution for your setup.

Best,
Jason Little
Engineering