[Comicsstudiessociety] Meet the "Quadrinhop?dia"

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Sat May 13 12:13:52 EDT 2023

Lucio (following the first name suggestion),

This biographical dictionary is a thing of beauty. They're actually very
rare for cartoonists.

I know of Lambiek, a British print one, Sara Duke's Biographical Sketches
of Cartoonists & Illustrators in the Swann Collection of the Library of
Congress (which I published at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://archive.org/details/DukeBioSketchesOfCartoonistsInSwannCollAtLOC/Duke-Swann2017-ErrataSheetForFirstEdition/__;!!KGKeukY!2Z4ZQMI1rRlhob3iEnOxuISZvM416xtspgg3QWbebXz7lBEP7YkRMDM7FYp9OzddFLaUWIi99TScjMHq4O-6KH6hGPY$
) and her ongoing plans to add to it, the deceased Jerry Bail's Who's Who
in American Comics https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.bailsprojects.com/whoswho.aspx__;!!KGKeukY!2Z4ZQMI1rRlhob3iEnOxuISZvM416xtspgg3QWbebXz7lBEP7YkRMDM7FYp9OzddFLaUWIi99TScjMHq4O-6T1Ll1rU$  (more of a
database), and the deceased Don Markstein's Toonopedia
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.toonopedia.com/*people__;Iw!!KGKeukY!2Z4ZQMI1rRlhob3iEnOxuISZvM416xtspgg3QWbebXz7lBEP7YkRMDM7FYp9OzddFLaUWIi99TScjMHq4O-6FcodFYc$ . There's a few other random ones like
Horn's encyclopedias, and I'm sure there's animation ones I don't know. I
look forward to hearing of others though.

Anyway, good work! I'm adding yours to the Comics Research Bibliography now.

Following Tony's comment, perhaps make a single page for Angophone that is
just a list of the authors, alphabetized by family name w/ a link back to
the main entry? That shouldn't take a lot of time, or space.

If you'd care to write a short (or long) introduction to your project, John
and I would be glad to have it for IJOCA's blog and print issue. Our next
deadline for print is by the end of the month though.

Mike Rhode
mrhode at gmail.com