[Comicsstudiessociety] Cauchemar Blanc

Aidan Diamond aidanddiamond at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 15:46:04 EDT 2023

Hi all,

I’m TA-ing for a class on Third World documents this semester, which ends with a couple of comics. I’m planning to use Mœbius’ “Cauchemar Blanc” as well, in conjunction with Kate Evans’ Threads, and I’ve found this version: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://from-dusk-till-drawn.com/2016/05/08/the-white-nightmare-by-moebius-fr-1974/__;!!KGKeukY!y92_W9C1-Mxdw5s4SK_3UT65TjVgJJbQU8hQRZPAPqtKrZ982r5n52lZsvM57Fgv-DhEedAZc2sOThVvKGXmjYTsuauZQ2Epvrqn$

I’m wondering if (a) anyone has a scan of the comic in full colors that they’d be willing to share, in French or in English, and (b) anyone knows the story behind this translation, i.e. who the translator was, or if anyone can vouch for its accuracy/fidelity?

Thanks for your time!

Best,
Aidan Diamond

Aidan Diamond
Ph.D. Candidate | Teaching Assistant
Comparative Studies in Literature and Culture
Comparative Media and Culture
University of Southern California
aidandia at usc.edu