[Comicsstudiessociety] CFP: Comics and Popular Arts Conference - Atlanta/DragonCon 2023

Matthew J Brown mattbrown at utdallas.edu
Sun Jan 8 18:22:42 EST 2023

The Comics and Popular Arts Conference (CPAC) invites submissions for
our 16th Annual meeting in Atlanta, Georgia, September 1-4, 2023.

CPAC is an annual academic conference for the studies of comics and the
popular arts, including science/speculative fiction and fantasy
literature, film, and other media; comic books; manga; graphic novels;
anime; gaming; etc., presented to a mixed audience of scholars and fans.
The mission of CPAC is to promote scholarship on popular culture and to
encourage the engagement between scholars and fans in order to deepen
our understanding of comics and other popular arts. CPAC presentations
are peer reviewed, based in scholarly research.

CPAC talks are presented to a mixed audience of academics and fans, and
take place in conjunction with DragonCon. Presentations should be
prepared with a general audience in mind. Presenters must register for
DragonCon if their paper is accepted in order to present. Presenters
from out of town should make lodging arrangements far in advance.

For more information, including submission instructions, please see our
Call for Proposals at:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://comicspopularartsconference.org/2023-call-for-papers-call-for-proposals/__;!!KGKeukY!xJ3fmnIp74hLz3-rZeuWzK20GugcByjoe-tmq8mmdIAQC703YkrGhD5mZ8esc0j19qNBjytz0LtC66qH2xwItfUEcAUxdnx-sKg4$

*Submissions Deadline:* To receive the fullest consideration, proposals
should be submitted by February 1, 2023.