[Comicsstudiessociety] Mingus, available for review for IJOCA

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 10:12:53 EDT 2023

Worldwide because we have a pdf.  Email me directly with your thoughts.

Mike
mrhode at gmail.com

NBM's newest addition to our series of comics biographies, *MINGUS*!

This graphic novel appeals to both the jazz aficionado and the casual
listener looking to learn more about an indisputable jazz legend. The
racism Charles Mingus railed against during America’s civil rights movement
in the ‘50s and ‘60s is unfortunately just as relevant today. Writer Flavio
Massarutto’s depictions of Mingus’ struggles and triumphs come to life
through Squaz’s gorgeous graphic artwork.