[Comicsstudiessociety] Available for IJOCA review: TALES OF THE ORISHAS | Abrams ComicArts—Megascope

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 22:35:35 EDT 2023

Worldwide since we can get print or ebook.
Email me your rationale directly please.

Mike
mrhode at gmail.com

*TALES OF THE ORISHAS by Hugo Canuto is a fantasy-adventure graphic novel
that explores Afro-Brazilian legends and mythology.*

Fusing the pantheon of the African diasporic religion of Candomblé with the
Silver Age comic aesthetics of Jack Kirby into a riveting tale of high
adventure, TALES OF THE ORISHAS
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://email.abramsbooks.com/c/eJxczTtuwzAMANDTyFsCkqIlctDQxdco9GMdNIYCW0WuX6Bj9we8lqyWYrL0hEGJQAR02VNQUs5Wq69ivqBqX7m0Fa2Ril-XRyIgD4IBBQDkLlxbUd8LWUCtwTHkcubjKmN8X_c6juWZ9jlfl_MfjjZH2_v9vv8zjrbXOdpPnY62mZ_9ug27zb3fxvm49nx9ahRk1BhWEXW0LWc6zn207hi-jvx4_lUzMUpsGQ09tcKdmlhopiVGA-7Gy0zWYyjk164AVgUiCrH3GLN44cy_AQAA___6H1Rp__;!!KGKeukY!3UkZUrKOHicK_7ugDREoifPZgIGpnt0ZZUoO5Z94nLHgr7N7gkq6U18BXeHO6dQR2qRx97oWkiVBDjJ_imopLxRwrMU$ >
(Sept 19, 2023 | 9781419765889) centers around a celestial battle between
the gods of Brazil, who are worshipped by the Bahia people, and a fearsome
conquering force led by a dark and malevolent overlord. Only Shango, the
god of fire and thunder, can lead his people into victory while the fate of
creation hangs in the balance.

Masterfully executed and painstakingly researched, writer and artist Hugo
Canuto brings these legends to life with incredible designs and a vibrant
color palette. TALES OF THE ORISHAS is a bright and brilliant story that
showcases mythology as a powerful tool to remind us that there is something
greater to unite the peoples who sail on the blue star called Earth.

Hugo Canuto is a Brazilian visual artist, writer, and comic book author,
working in both digital and traditional media. With a degree in
architecture, he seeks to express the relationship between art and
mythology, as exemplified in his graphic novels. He resides in Brazil.