[Comicsstudiessociety] I Am Stan: A Graphic Biography of the Legendary Stan Lee available for review for IJOCA

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 11:35:15 EDT 2023

Worldwide, as we have an ebook sent. Write directly to me with your pitch.

Mike

mrhode at gmail.com

*I Am Stan: A Graphic Biography of the Legendary Stan Lee*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/718522/i-am-stan-by-tom-scioli/__;!!KGKeukY!yZaOotZNCkMQ0cljsJ8AZvME3xRth10mkPwFPanJvSVbQlxdismFcbzRlBp1_voAHwo7pVF2IGUCu6kKyrOd-cbHrgg$ >,
(Ten Speed Graphic; on sale 9/12/23) by Eisner-nominated writer and artist *Tom
Scioli, *who is also the author of the graphic novel *Jack Kirby: The Epic
Life of the King of Comics.*

More about *I Am Stan*: Everyone knows Stan Lee: His work at the creative
helm of Marvel Comics resulted in the creation of many of the superheroes
we know and love today, including Spider-Man, Iron Man, Black Panther,
Doctor Strange, and more. During his decades-long career at Marvel, Lee
turned the comic book publisher into a cultural juggernaut that shaped and
defined the burgeoning industry. In *I Am Stan*, critically acclaimed
artist Tom Scioli reveals the man behind the comics and cameos using the
same medium Stan Lee revolutionized. This stunning graphic novel takes
readers from his early days in the comics industry through his rise at
Marvel (then Timely Comics), where his career was touched by other iconic
creatives including Jack Kirby and Joe Simon. Scioli provides a clear-eyed
view of Lee's triumphs at Marvel as well as the controversies that
surrounded the creator at the end of his life. Told in Scioli's inimitable,
vividly cinematic illustration style, I Am Stan reveals Stan Lee's life
through the medium he knew best and reveals the inner workings of the
legendary creator.