[Comicsstudiessociety] UBC Centre for Migration Studies: 2022 International Art Competition

Biz Nijdam elizabeth.nijdam at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:55:03 EDT 2022

Dear colleagues,
Please distribute widely. We welcome comics and graphic art submissions.
Sincerely,
Biz
The 2022 *Centre for Migration Studies International Art Competition* is
now open. We invite both established and emerging artists to submit an
artwork on migration (broadly understood) for a juried competition with one
first prize and one honourable mention. The competition is open to anyone
(regardless of location, citizenship status, background, etc.–truly, we
mean *anyone*!). The Centre values the way arts-based research and the work
of artists contribute to academic conversations about the causes,
consequences and experiences of global human migration and mobility.

To learn more about the competition, visit:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://migration.ubc.ca/programs-initiatives/art-competition/__;!!KGKeukY!2RDV2hGUsyi4JogGAgw4heO0thANpFlz-SYFF4OkdBUiCVGbgH9LPCylcndR3-fTChSYLvmVNDYOHzJ9basLeLm5Emu73eWIO1xhKaec$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://migration.ubc.ca/programs-initiatives/art-competition/__;!!KGKeukY!2RDV2hGUsyi4JogGAgw4heO0thANpFlz-SYFF4OkdBUiCVGbgH9LPCylcndR3-fTChSYLvmVNDYOHzJ9basLeLm5Emu73eWIO1xhKaec$ >

*Deadline: 5pm PST, June 15, 2022*

*Prizes*

The first prize will be awarded for an artwork: CAD $1,250

One honourable mention will be awarded for an artwork: CAD $250

We will consider migration as it is intended broadly and as it is drawn
from any historical periods or geographical areas. Please visit
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://migration.ubc.ca/home__;!!KGKeukY!2RDV2hGUsyi4JogGAgw4heO0thANpFlz-SYFF4OkdBUiCVGbgH9LPCylcndR3-fTChSYLvmVNDYOHzJ9basLeLm5Emu73eWIO-hHO1tZ$  for a better understanding of our research
and public engagement as it concerns migration.
--
*Dr. Elizabeth "Biz" Nijdam*  PhD (She, Her, Hers
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/__;!!KGKeukY!2RDV2hGUsyi4JogGAgw4heO0thANpFlz-SYFF4OkdBUiCVGbgH9LPCylcndR3-fTChSYLvmVNDYOHzJ9basLeLm5Emu73eWIO5lI3_9K$ >)
biz.nijdam at ubc.ca | *elizabeth.nijdam at gmail.com
<elizabeth.nijdam at gmail.com>* | @bizabeth <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/@bizabeth__;!!KGKeukY!2RDV2hGUsyi4JogGAgw4heO0thANpFlz-SYFF4OkdBUiCVGbgH9LPCylcndR3-fTChSYLvmVNDYOHzJ9basLeLm5Emu73eWIOyiY7YqQ$ >

Here's how to pronounce my name: uh-LIZ-uh-beth ny-DUM
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.name-coach.com/elizabeth-nijdam__;!!KGKeukY!2RDV2hGUsyi4JogGAgw4heO0thANpFlz-SYFF4OkdBUiCVGbgH9LPCylcndR3-fTChSYLvmVNDYOHzJ9basLeLm5Emu73eWIOzGmtTBj$ >