[Comicsstudiessociety] Less than a month away - don't forget to register for the 2022 Graphic Medicine Conference!

Matthew Noe matthewnoe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:21:26 EDT 2022

Hi y'all,

Apologies if you see this more than once. Just wanted to send a short
reminder that registration for the rapidly approaching 2022 Graphic
Medicine Conference on July 14 - 16 in Chicago is still open! We are
running the conference on a hybrid model and have a sliding scale of
registrations based on financial ability. More details and links below.

Happy to field any questions and we hope to see you there!

Stay safe,
Matthew

[image: image.png]
Graphic Medicine Annual Conference, July 14-16, 2022University of Chicago
Campus, Chicago, IL, USA#GraphMed2022
Conference site, including tentative conference schedule and travel
information: Graphic Medicine 2022
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.graphicmedicine.org/22conference/__;!!KGKeukY!yIJyecEz8Cg5wWWNKyBj8hv-u6aYCmPHEpI8pwTHpG3Wdxjhdxu8Y4p2KDFCFSb7-TEDSXHXvpO76OOhwBZhSuwnm4LsvysM$ >

Direct link to registration on Eventbrite: 2022 Graphic Medicine Annual
Conference
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2022-graphic-medicine-annual-conference-registration-315422516237__;!!KGKeukY!yIJyecEz8Cg5wWWNKyBj8hv-u6aYCmPHEpI8pwTHpG3Wdxjhdxu8Y4p2KDFCFSb7-TEDSXHXvpO76OOhwBZhSuwnm38UAGz9$ >

The Graphic Medicine conference is returning to Chicago! We first hosted
this conference in 2011 and we are excited to welcome friends old and new
to participate in the 2022 conference. This will be a hybrid conference,
with in-person and virtual attendance and presentation options.

The conference theme is (Re)Connecting. We will explore this theme broadly
— reconnecting as a community and forging new connections as we navigate a
changing world.

Note: We will be following the University of Chicago COVID policies and
procedures <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://goforward.uchicago.edu/__;!!KGKeukY!yIJyecEz8Cg5wWWNKyBj8hv-u6aYCmPHEpI8pwTHpG3Wdxjhdxu8Y4p2KDFCFSb7-TEDSXHXvpO76OOhwBZhSuwnm-cFSmut$ > in effect at the time of the
conference. Presenters are responsible for costs associated with their
session (e.g. handouts and supplies) and personal expenses (travel, hotel,
and registration fees). All presenters must register for the conference.
Registration fee levels (to be determined) will be posted on the conference
registration page as soon as possible. Our intention is to make this
conference logistically and financially accessible. Discounted rates will
be available for students, artists, and others in need. Disability
accommodations will be made available by request and all venues will comply
with the Americans with Disabilities Act.

*Matthew N. Noe, MSLS** | **Pronouns: He/Him/His*

*Lead Collection and Knowledge Management Librarian*

Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine | Harvard Medical School

10 Shattuck Street, Boston, MA 02115

617-432-8964 | matthew_noe at hms.harvard.edu

Graphic Medicine: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.graphicmedicine.org__;!!KGKeukY!yIJyecEz8Cg5wWWNKyBj8hv-u6aYCmPHEpI8pwTHpG3Wdxjhdxu8Y4p2KDFCFSb7-TEDSXHXvpO76OOhwBZhSuwnmxDfeNYc$  | Twitter: @NoetheMatt
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/NoetheMatt__;!!KGKeukY!yIJyecEz8Cg5wWWNKyBj8hv-u6aYCmPHEpI8pwTHpG3Wdxjhdxu8Y4p2KDFCFSb7-TEDSXHXvpO76OOhwBZhSuwnm6zNcFpg$ >