[Comicsstudiessociety] GSC Summer Social Event: Ms. Marvel Watch Part

Zach Rondinelli z.rondinelli at outlook.com
Thu Jun 9 13:10:29 EDT 2022

Dear Comics Studies Society,

   Zachary Rondinelli, President of the Graduate Student Caucus, here.

   This year, one of the focuses that your GSC Executive has been prioritizing is finding new and exciting ways to bring our members together. Some of our early efforts to accomplish this involved enhancing our presence across various social media spaces and the creation of lists and interactive spaces meant to facilitate members getting to know each other better through discussion and communication. Today, I’m very excited to announce to you all the next initiative in this direction, the #GSCSummerSocial series!

   Next week on Tuesday June 14, 2022 we’re inviting YOU (whether you’re a graduate student or not) to join us for a really exciting event: a watch party for the premiere episode of Disney+’s Ms. Marvel led by GSC Past President (2020-2021), Adrienne Resha! Adrienne wrote her master’s thesis on the G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona Ms. Marvel series, and she’s currently writing dissertation chapters on the comics and the show.

   The event will start with each attendee pressing play on Ms. Marvel (episode one) at 7:00 pm EST. While each of us watches the episode, Adrienne will lead a live-tweet discussion using #MsMarvelGSC! Then at 8:00 pm EST, after a short intermission, all are invited to a synchronous Zoom chat where we’ll talk about all things Ms. Marvel and get to know each other, and our work, better! Whether you’re watching the episode for the first time, or re-watching in preparation for episode two’s release, we want you to join us!

   Registration for the Zoom chat that will follow the live-tweet is required. The link can be found on the GSC’s Community & Professional Development page<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://gradcaucus.comicssociety.org/resources/__;!!KGKeukY!1C-INLpF9Y16ozOAzaEJwmLozrlwSzv5YosOLn_8e-K4EV0cAw4bxobhxw5pxsbz0SeVyCW1VIA4oz5LX9pBnoBPBD-_CMI7V6K-$ >.

   Please do consider joining us! Not only will it be a fun way to discuss this exciting development for the MCU, but it also promises to be a really great way to build community and get to know some of the other amazing members of GSC and CSS. If you’re unable to attend, we would encourage and appreciate the sharing of the event details widely within your social circles (see event graphic attached).

   We hope to see you there!

Onward,

Zachary J.A. Rondinelli, M.A., B.Ed., B.Mus
Ph.D. Student [Educational Studies], Brock University
President, Graduate Student Caucus of the Comics Studies Society
#WelcomeToSlumberland<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://zrondinelli.wixsite.com/welcometoslumberland/about__;!!KGKeukY!1C-INLpF9Y16ozOAzaEJwmLozrlwSzv5YosOLn_8e-K4EV0cAw4bxobhxw5pxsbz0SeVyCW1VIA4oz5LX9pBnoBPBD-_COEAHKMY$ > Social Media Research, Principal Investigator (@LittleNemo1905<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.twitter.com/LittleNemo1905__;!!KGKeukY!1C-INLpF9Y16ozOAzaEJwmLozrlwSzv5YosOLn_8e-K4EV0cAw4bxobhxw5pxsbz0SeVyCW1VIA4oz5LX9pBnoBPBD-_CPXX6w3M$ >)

“Comicbook should be written as one word… I want you to remember that. I never want to see the word comicbook written as two words. They are not funny books. They are not comic books, they are comicbooks! Remember that, or incur my wrath.”  -  Stan Lee