[CaCL] Cognitive and Computational Approaches to Language (CaCL) Discussion Group: Thursdays 12:45 in Oxley 122

Schuler, William schuler.77 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 11 10:59:49 EST 2024

Hello all,

The reading group on Cognitive and Computational Approaches to Language (CaCL) will meet Thursdays at 12:45 starting this week in Oxley 122. The link is accessible via the Carmen site, and requires name.# authentication. If you do not want to enroll, but would still like to attend, please send me email to either make you a Carmen guest or send you a Zoom invitation. Topics include: broad-coverage computational models of sentence processing in human memory, computational models of human memory, statistical modeling for human linguistic performance data, neural sentence processing models, Bayesian and neural grammar induction models, experimental techniques in neurolinguistics and brain imaging, and much more. The first session will be an organizational meeting, during which we will vote on papers to discuss (feel free to suggest any papers you'd like to discuss!). We will read papers and give software tutorials and practice talks all semester. Please join us!

Also, if you are a student this summer, and you are planning to attend, please enroll for 1-3 credits: CaCL is listed as "LING 7890.12”.

Hope to see you there!

William