[CaCL] it's cacl's turn to invite a speaker (FW: Colloquium: discussion groups who can invite speakers)

Schuler, William schuler.77 at osu.edu
Tue May 3 09:54:39 EDT 2022

Hi CaCL,

As I foretold during our last meeting, it’s our turn to invite a speaker.  Please let me know by the end of this week if you have any suggestions!

Wm

From: Ling-Faculty <ling-faculty-bounces at lists.osu.edu> on behalf of de Marneffe, Marie-Catherine H. via Ling-Faculty <ling-faculty at lists.osu.edu>
Date: Friday, April 29, 2022 at 11:51 AM
To: faculty at ling.osu.edu <ling-faculty at lists.service.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: [Ling-Faculty] Colloquium: discussion groups who can invite speakers
Hello all,

As you know, we are rotating among discussion groups to suggest invited speakers for our colloquiums. For this coming academic year (2022-2023), it’s the turn of:

-          Changelings      (Brian)

-          CaCL                   (William)

-          Lacqueys           (Micha)

-          SoMean             (Kathryn)

We also didn’t manage (yet) to accommodate a talk by Shravan Vasishth (for Speerlab this year), so we will try to do that too. But Shravan cannot do Fridays. Let me know if you have a suggestion about what to do there (the time zone is also tricky).

(For the record, the groups who invited someone this year (2021-2022) were Pragmatics, Phonies, Speerlab, Clippers and Synners).

Kathryn, Micha, William and Brian: let me know as soon as possible whom your discussion group would like to invite!

Thanks,

Marie

---
Marie-Catherine de Marneffe