[CaCL] Reading for 1/27

Cheung, Willy cheung.179 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Jan 21 09:45:01 EST 2022

Hi CaCLers,

For our next meeting on 1/27, we will be discussing "Analysis Methods in Neural Language Processing: A Survey" by Yonatan Belinkov and James Glass.

Paper link: https://aclanthology.org/Q19-1004.pdf
Analysis Methods in Neural Language Processing: A Survey<https://aclanthology.org/Q19-1004.pdf>
Analysis Methods in Neural Language Processing: A Survey Yonatan Belinkov 1;2 and James Glass 1MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory 2Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Cambridge, MA, USA fbelinkov, glassg at mit.edu Abstract The field of natural language processing has
aclanthology.org


Zoom link: https://osu.zoom.us/j/95536921111?pwd=TG9YdVZ0Wk45R2hCdHhTYk5ubkhIQT09

Abstract: The field of natural language processing has seen impressive progress in recent years, with neural network models replacing many of the traditional systems. A plethora of new models have been proposed, many of which are thought to be opaque compared to their feature rich counterparts. This has led researchers to analyze, interpret, and evaluate neural networks in novel and more fine-grained ways. In this survey paper, we review analysis methods in neural language processing, categorize them according to prominent research trends, highlight existing limitations, and point to potential directions for future work.