[CaCL] CaCL paper for next week

Shain, Cory A. shain.3 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Oct 24 14:07:57 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Next week (10/31) we'll be reading "Semantic projection: recovering human knowledge of multiple, distinct object features from word embeddings"

https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.01241

Happy Halloween!
Cory

[1802.01241] Semantic projection: recovering human knowledge of multiple, distinct object features from word embeddings - arxiv.org<https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.01241>
Abstract: The words of a language reflect the structure of the human mind, allowing us to transmit thoughts between individuals. However, language can represent only a subset of our rich and detailed cognitive architecture. Here, we ask what kinds of common knowledge (semantic memory) are captured by word meanings (lexical semantics).
arxiv.org