[CaCL] cacl invited speaker - feedback requested

Schuler, William schuler.77 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 4 08:05:29 EDT 2018

hi all,

here is a list of names i have for possible invited speakers (please tell me asap if i’ve forgotten anyone).  please send me soon (say by wednesday night?) your three preferred speakers, along with a note on what of their work you would like them to speak about and (if relevant) how it would help you.

tal linzen - adaptation, hierarchical behavior of rnns
steve piantadosi - acquisition of semantics
roger levy - surprisal
colin philips - psych ling coreference and memory
ellen lau - neurosci
matt wagers - parallel parsing
chris dyer - parsing (overseas, not linguistics)
ben ambridge - grammar acquisition (overseas)
regina barzilay - learning (not linguistics)
brian dillon - parallel parsing
andrew kehler - coreference
evelina federenko - neurosci
thomas griffiths - bayesian acquisition