[Aqua-ohio] fish fact sheet and office hours

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Thu May 20 08:44:33 EDT 2021

All,

No fact sheet today, but something just as good (or better)... Hearing directly from the farmers. The following link is about an hour and a half long. The first 30 minutes is "Bits and Pieces Around Our 67 Year Old Trout Farm" by Marvin Emerson of Crystal Lake Fisheries in Ava, Missouri.

https://vimeo.com/channels/958980/256069198

The second 30 minutes of the video is on composting, and the last 30 minutes is a presentation by Mark Harbin of Harbin Fish Farms in Kansas and Oklahoma.

These presentations were sponsored by NCRAC and the Kansas and Missouri Aquaculture Associations during the 2018 North Central Aquaculture Conference.

I thought this trout presentation would be fitting given the U.S. Trout Farmers Association will hold its 2021 Fall Conference in Branson, Missouri during September 8th to 10th. https://ustfa.org/ustfa-fall-conference-2021/. There will be a farm tour of Crystal Lake on that Friday night.

Office hours today 11am-1pm eastern. Again, anyone in the North Central Region is welcome to join.

Topic: OSU Extension open office hours with Matt Smith
Time: May 20, 2021 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://osu.zoom.us/j/97559626020?pwd=UVprbFFkdUIwem5oRThYTWdwVHhWdz09

Meeting ID: 975 5962 6020
Password: 11460
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 651 372 8299 US (Minnesota)

Regards,