[Aqua-ohio] Fish Fact Sheet and Office Hours

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 19 09:13:48 EST 2021

All,

I may have shared this through some of the listservs before, but I am presenting in a state aquaculture association annual conference (virtually) this weekend, and it is on my list of topics to discuss. Below is a link to a termination report from the NCRAC funded project “Assessing the Status of Aquaculture Associations in the North Central Region.”

The document is 24 pages long, but don’t let that overwhelm you. The survey questions/answers from producers starts on page 11 (indicated also as page 53 in the Annual Progress Report of 2016-2017), and that is likely what many of you would like to read.

Some questions asked were:
~Why did you end your membership with an association?
~How likely are you to renew your membership and recommend the membership to others?
~How beneficial are the benefits/services provided by your association?

There is a lot of information in the responses that state aquaculture associations could/should evaluate in order to improve their associations. It is more important now than ever to prove the value of membership to an association considering most associations have not been able to have an in-person conference/meeting – something we know that drives membership.

There is power in numbers.

https://www.ncrac.org/files/project/files/termination_report_0.pdf

Want to chat about this? Office hours below.
Matthew Smith is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: OSU Extension open office hours with Matt Smith
Time: Feb 19, 2021 01:00 PM – 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://osu.zoom.us/j/97559626020?pwd=UVprbFFkdUIwem5oRThYTWdwVHhWdz09

Meeting ID: 975 5962 6020
Password: 11460
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 651 372 8299 US (Minnesota)